Monday, November 3, 2008

George Mueller is great!

Here is an excerpt from George Muller that I am going over with my youth staff tonight.

"Now that God has taught me this point," (To start his personal time with reading rather than prayer) " it is as plain to me as anything that the first thing the child of God has to do morning by morning is to obtain food for the inner man. As the outward man is not fit for work for any length of time, except we take food, and as this is one of the first things we do in the morning, so it should be with the inner man. We should take food for that, as everyone must allow. Now what is the food for the inner man? Not prayer, but the word of God; and here again, not the simple reading of the word of God, so that it only passes through our minds, just as water runs through a pipe, but considering what we read, pondering over it, and applying it to our hearts.

3 comments:

Brad Garver said...

The day always goes better when I read the word in the morning.

Teomen said...

Yea, me too!

Teomen said...

Yea, me too!