Monday, October 20, 2008

God loves to sharpen

God, indeed has a sense of humor. I had to (got to) preach this past Sunday at my church. It is a huge honor and privilege to share form the word of God. I attempted to encourage our people by describing the depth of our sin, and in turn, the greatness of the Cross. I was excited about the content, but very very disappointed with how I shared it with the congregation. In Gods great humor, and I must assume love, he seems to have pleased himself with the Tulare church asking me to preach for them this Sunday because the pastor there whom I very much admire will be doing ministry in Mexico. Funny how God decided to use the sermon I was most disappointed with myself in, and will soon have me do it again. Ahhgghh! Part of the point of my sermon is how me must cling and hope in the cross to even begin to please God, and here not more then a day after I find myself having to cling desperately to it and begging my God to somehow use me in a way that would please him, and encourage the believes in Tulare. Ironic, isn't it. I suppose, God is teaching me to practice what I preach!!